Henderson Business FAQs

Frequently asked questions about small business in Henderson. In addition to checking this list of frequently asked questions, in some cases you might need to contact the appropriate city or state government agency for more details. Also try searching the services directory, our database of small business organizations in the City that will provide you with personal assistance.

How do I incorporate my business in Henderson?

First it's important to decide what type of business structure is the most appropriate for your business. Look at the Nevada's Department of State's Web site for detailed forms, instructions, and information on business incorporation in Nevada. It is advisable to consult an attorney and/or a tax advisor for help when setting up a corporation.

Where do I register my business name?

It depends on what kind of business structure you have chosen. Corporations and Limited Partnerships must register with the Nevada's State's Department of State. Partnerships and Sole Proprietors doing business under a name other than their own (D.B.A.) are required to register at the County Clerk's Office in the borough where the business is located. Sole proprietors who are doing business under their own name are not required to file with a County Clerk.

How do I trademark my business name?

Information about forms, application fees, filing electronically, and legal issues can be found at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office web site.

Where can I find listings of trade associations?

Check for print or online directories at your local library. The Encyclopedia of Associations, published by Gale Research Incorporated, is available in many libraries. Another useful book, National Trade and Professional Associations of the United States (Columbia Books), may be available in your local library.