Henderson Seniors Needs
List of Needs
Through the remainder of the crisis food, any food, is needed on a regular basis. I understand that produce was the first to expire but if any businesses have dry product on the shelves that will expire during the social distancing, or expire within a window of when the product will be used, we would be happy to give these items directly to seniors. In addition to food, seniors are also in need of the toiletries and staples necessary that they would normally procure on a regular basis. This need has escalated this week as many have been unable to purchase the items from local stores with the hoarding that has occurred earlier this month. Some of these supplies include:
- Toilet paper
- Hand soap
- Disinfecting spray or disinfecting cloths
- Paper towel
- Bottles or gallons of drinking water
City of Henderson’s Capabilities to Broker Your Good Will
Wherever you have a passion we can help make it easy! The following list describes our capabilities:
- Pickup and delivery – COH currently has 2, 26ft cold trucks and 2 additional box trucks. If you have pallets of product we can pull up to your dock or back door and load quickly!
- Pickups and deliveries can be scheduled at your convenience, 7 days a week, morning, noon or night.
- If you would prefer to drop off your donated food or supplies you can visit us at the Heritage Park Senior Facility, M-F 7am – 3pm or Sa 8am – noon. If you choose this option please call ahead so we know you are on the way!
- For pickup or dropoff please call, Corey Clark, at 702-267-4093.
- We can facilitate access to the Henderson Seniors’ Auxiliary, a local 501c3 non-profit, that can facilitate your giving through a 501c3 if that is of interest.
- COH has staff and volunteer support to receive, inventory, sort and dispatch your donation, delivered door to door to area seniors.
- If you do not have in-kind supplies but feel compelled to support financially, the City of Henderson has bulk purchasing agreements with large suppliers and can maximize the impact of your financial contribution.